I am all new to this squeeze process. I am trying to bring myself out of some FUD and stay strong. Some news is eating my peace of mind. So, I am bringing to my trusted sources to verify and for better understanding.
1) Can the market crash before the squeeze and drag AMC down with it ?
2) Can Hedgies flash crash AMC to $10+ range by manipulation ? I think there was a flash crash on some stocks last Thursday (07/01) after 3.50 PM and the prices were back up in seconds. Was this a rehearsal to crush AMC APEs ?
3) After this long fight, what are the possibilities that AMC will go back to $30+ range ? Many are spreading this FUD saying AMC is over.
4) Can someone explain for smooth brained APEs like me the impact of the FTDs and the new bank rules in simple terms – what these means to the squeeze ? ( some say Hedgies don’t have to cover these FTDs and they have whatever time they need to cover the short positions and can drag the squeeze for years)
Appreciate your time for clarifying. Thanks much !
July 6, 2021 at 7:39 am
I am not the most informed Ape, but I am the first responder so let me just do my best here. Everything I say should be cross-referenced, and other apes should correct me where possible.
Your feelings are understandable, but you need to remember that you are in the position of power here.
1) Anything can happen, the timeline is not known and all of the variables are not known. Some people speculate that the market crash will happen as a result of the squeeze, rather than before it. Also its worth baring in mind, Porsche benefited from the VW squeeze bang in the middle of the 2008 crash, as did some other people who were on the right side of it. Porsche owned 74% of VW at that time, we own 80% of AMC.
2 & 3) I dont know enough information about this. But remember there has been new regulations passed which help the regulators get a better picture of whats happening to get a real picture of the Hedgies position in relation to risk. Also remember even if it does take years (it wont) it costs them about 250million a week to be underwater with their short positions and it costs you nothing. I know you want it now, but you have not lost any money. They cannot keep this up forever.
Just remember the simple fact: They have not yet covered.
Not financial advice but i would typically say to myself this: If you can afford to hodl the stock, then hodl.
Waiting sucks, but your efforts will be compensated when they cover. If you could be paid 6 figures, for a year of just hodling, you would do it. What stresses the emotions is the not knowing part, and the getting our hopes up, we’re all on this journey with you ape, and we feel the same as you.
You will have a less emotionally stressful time if you can learn how to numb yourself, be quietly hopeful, trust in the process. Learn not to be affected when it goes down, and not to be affected when it goes up.
Do what you have to do, but I hope I do see you in valhalla by my side.
Hi. There is FUD and then there is the outcome of all of that what was supposedly proper info. I was lucky to get into situations with people when they tried to make bugs to features so many times over they couldn’t pump a bike anymore if they wanted to. This leads me to re-evaluate all info when it comes to stocks especially. Them info may be true but have a horizon I don’t get and/or another scope in their lingo. The concern that I have had was of the sort of thinking that this squeezing must be a rush, an overwhelming action….since this isn’t the case, I’m calm, cool and collected.