MemberJuly 16, 2021 at 7:31 pm
Before I get the typical emotionally charged responses hear me out.
– The war is ongoing and we haven’t actually won anything yet. Nor do we know when we might win. This year…next year…2023?
– It’s not a good look to prospective new apes to see the influencers of the movement taking advantage of their position to monetize their popularity in the middle of a battle against financial corruption. It doesn’t matter if they are or not, it’s the appearance that counts.
– Following on from the last point, the media will surely spin this in a negative light. This is a prime opportunity for our enemies to make us look bad. And they can infiltrate the party and make it look very very bad and there is nothing we can do about it.
– As of now there is 0 transparency as to who is putting on this event and who will profit from it. Again, it can be spun as a cash grab and it doesn’t matter whether it is or not, it’s the appearance that counts.
TLDR – This event is all risk and no reward. It makes us look like clowns instead of serious investors fighting systemic corruption. It actually has potential to kill the whole movement. This is wall st not Sesame Street and we are fighting powerful people with billions of dollars at stake. Now does this seem like a risk we should be taking?
MemberJuly 16, 2021 at 8:51 pm
I prefer to post links and helpful things and I tried to not get into this, but couldn’t help it…. sorry. Just my 2 cents and then I’ll shut up about it. Hoping it serves as a warning.
* it’s a great honey pot trap to set out to collect personal info before and during the event (look at how people are still being identified by the FBI after the Jan 6 move on the capital). do you know who is putting this on?
* perfect way for everyone involved to be flagged for collusion and market manipulation. don’t think that can’t happen? google search “the iron bowl”. sure hope MSM doesn’t catch wind of this and blow it up.
* prices are stupid high. buy stocks instead.
* add this to another way the influencers use the movement skim money from their user base (already get money from clicks, ad revenue, superchats, patreon, merch, alerts and other services and memberships, etc.). great way for their portfolio to grow from the community’s money. For those that will say “nobody has to give money to them” and “they can do it if they want” that is true. But what makes it morally right for Matt to panhandle daily while simultaneously saying you don’t have to donate (meanwhile only reading superchats for 8+ hrs)? And sure, Trey recently did a video showing he turned everything off. Ok, but why did it take 7+ months to finally do it? I watched one live stream early on where a superchat called him out and suggested he turn it off and he played dumb and said he didn’t know how. Come on! You can do all kinds of TA, research company financials, comprehend new legislation and explain it, etc. and you can’t find the “off” button? 7 months later and he finally grows a conscience? Gaslighting and virtue signaling 101.
* reeks of fyre festival
* great way to blow your anonymity and tell everyone you’re wealthy
* let Ralph Casteneda be an example of not having conviction in the right thing. forgot about him? yep, a lot of people did when he sold his position and gave a weak explanation. he got flamed for it and even though he eventually got back in, he lost all credibility and subs. it’s amusing how he recently put out a video calling out this “party” and those involved.
* don’t forget, our windfall could come at a time that is a major crash for others. have a 401k? have a pension? know any friends or family that might be looking to retire soon and rely on their nest egg? you might come out ok, but they probably won’t. “just don’t dance” – The Big Short
* don’t forget the pictures of Occupy Wall Street where the 1%ers were on the balcony sipping champagne and looking laughing at the protestors in the streets in ’08. Let’s not flip the script and become them. if/when we win, we win with dignity and help others in need.
* you’re free to spend as you please, but it helps to keep your money in the market. i hope the new lawsuit Wes Christian is about to undertake doesn’t have some negative or unintended consequence that changes this whole trajectory and blows it up. i don’t want my potential earnings tied up in court and settled for less. this party only serves as yet another financial and attention distraction rather than a catalyst and it funnels money elsewhere
* this squeeze could still drag out for many more months. what’s there to party about?
I’ve been losing more and more interest in Trey, Matt, and TMI and watching them less and less because their content quality has been lacking, they are hurting for topics, and seem too focused on MSM airtime. I’ve now seen on twitter that they are promoting this party too and haven’t yet responded to any of the blowback.
Any and all youtubers that are supporting this have lost touch with their audience and their “why”.
Unfortunately I won’t be able to watch any associated youtuber’s future “apology” video because I will be unsubbing and blocking them.
Trey, Matt, and TMI are done for me. Obviously they show no discernment. Already unsubbed and blocked.
ReviewDork, Roensch Capital, Jeffrey Forbes…. please guys. Don’t let me down. Don’t fall into this mess too. I like y’all and don’t want to have to unsub and block y’all too. Y’all are older and have more experience and maturity and this doesn’t align with who you are. I don’t worry about Lou. I’m sure he is going to laugh his ass off about this one in an upcoming video.
*** Anyone can disagree with me or flame me for being too harsh if that’s what you feel, I’m ok with that. this just feels wrong on so many levels, but hey, you do you ***
MemberJuly 16, 2021 at 9:20 pm
I feel like the entire point is to be around like minded people who are all feeling and going through similar things pertaining to AMC stocks.
I also don’t think that it’s meant so much as a celebration but a moment to relax and unwind after all the emotional ups and downs.
I, unfortunately, can’t make that trip. I live in Indiana. The “actual” midwest lol
Just my opinion with much respect.
MemberJuly 16, 2021 at 9:43 pm
Yeah just to be clear..I have nothing against an ape fest per se. I just think it is a ripe opportunity for exploitation against us. We are fighting for billions from some of the worlds most powerful people. This isn’t a game. Real people have their real savings invested in this. Anyone can go on YouTube and say “hey I told you not to invest what you couldn’t afford” but that’s a cop out. With a platform comes responsibility. You may not have asked people to invest their money but you are still responsible for them doing it. Taking this risk to increase your influence sphere is just wrong in my book. It is exploiting the people you claim to be your community. Want to do it after MOASS? Fine. Hell, after MOASS I’ll pay $1k to lick a hair off Gabes ass. Before MOASS? Your risking people’s livelihoods. It’s just a fact.
MemberJuly 16, 2021 at 11:55 pm
Honestly I really wanted to go to meet everyone I watch on YT all the time and to be around my Ape’s going through the same thing as I am. But the reality of it is that it can become a very dangerous situation. Knowing how they been using every dirty trick against us who knows what kind of crap they’ll l pull on us especially after having everyones information and or probably even pictures. I hope that one day after the squeeze it will be safe enough for such an event because it would be awesome to meet everyone and hang out with fellow Ape’s. I appreciate everyones thoughts on this because I myself almost fell for it but after checking in with fellow Ape’s and asking questions I realized that the bad feeling in the back of my head was right but my first initial response was like hell yeah I want to go, but I knew it could be a bad idea and after confirming with many fellow Ape’s I realize its not safe for any of us.
MemberJuly 17, 2021 at 8:49 am
Another reason I don’t like apefest. The majority of apes do not have the means to attend this event and pricing them out creates a reflection of the very system that we are fighting against. This sort of hypocrisy destroys movements. (Also we haven’t won anything yet and no time frames…remember that?) you want to divide the ape community? Create a class system where those with the means get to have fun while most apes are still scraping money from their meager paychecks to buy and hodl each week.
I am going to keep adding to this thread and beating this drum as new ideas come because I think this event is a very bad idea. Also the execution is already suspect. Tickets are sold out before any of the musical acts have even committed, let alone been announced? Dumb money indeed…
MemberJuly 17, 2021 at 8:53 am
One more post this morning…this one is for any apes who truly believe this is some kind of totally harmonious community. Be careful who you trust. Yes 99% of apes are just that – good ole apes. However…
I’ll sum it up like this. For the entire history of human culture, opportunity has attracted those looking to exploit it for their personal gain. The ape community and this movement is a well of opportunity for those people as well.
Just be careful who you trust.
AnonymousDeleted UserJuly 17, 2021 at 11:39 pm
Philosophically, you don’t plan celebrations before you have won.
That is exactly how you loose!!!
This is a low class idea. Makes you no different than a hedge fund celebrating a money grab.
And as such this group is underserving.
Appalling lack of leadership to support such a thing. I am at loss for words on that.
Log in to reply.